Open PAT Testing Courses
You come to one of our local venues
Our one day PAT course is designed to allow anyone to learn the necessary practical skills and knowledge to carry out the inspection and testing of electrical equipment to meet the legal requirements.
The course is based on the IET Code of Practice and is made as practical as possible with the emphasis on hands-on learning. Delegates will receive a certificate of competence upon successful completion of a 30 question multiple choice test and practical assessment.
The open PAT testing course is the cost-effective should you only require 1 or 2 candidates to be trained.
Open Local PAT Testing Courses
- 1 Day PAT Course (We run it 9.30am – 4.30pm)
- Follow IET Code of practice for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- Open day venues, choose your nearest venue and book.
- Cheapest option if you only have 1 to 2 people to train.
- No previous electrical experience required.
- Light refreshments provided throughout the day.
- Certificate on successful completion.
- We can loan you a PAT tester for the course.
- You can bring your own tester and be trained on it.
- After course support via our own learning zone.
- Very good PASS rates.
- Get a discount on PAT test machines.
TTS PAT Training Programme
Whichever PAT testing course you choose to do with us, we will cover the same course content:
We take you through everything, you will leave the course having covered everything you need to be successful in PAT testing.
- Electrical Safety
- Regulations roles and responsibilities
- Insulation and earthing
- Classification of appliances
- Testing 230V, 110V, and 415V.
- Using a Portable Appliance Tester
- Essential tests
- Optional tests
- Labeling of appliances
- Reporting and recording results
- Practical Assessment
- Law and scope of relevant legislation
- Types, use, and testing of electrical equipment.
- Categories, frequency, and practicalities of PAT testing
- Procedures and documentation.
- Appropriate test instruments and how they are used
Who we work with…
some of our clients
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PAT Testing?
Portable appliance testing commonly referred to as PAT testing is a systematic approach to ensuring your portable appliances are safe for continued use. A competent and trained person needs to make the decision whether the item is safe and uses a variety of assessment methods.
Do you do an online pat testing course?
We have recently seen PAT testing courses online and our opinion is that although online learning is great for certain subjects we feel PAT testing is not one of them. All of our courses have lots of practical training, with online learning this is absent.
We have completed the distance / online PAT testing courses that are out there and we have found that the training is very poor.
We do not believe someone could be competent after such training in PAT testing.
What is PAC Testing?
A very common error is people call PAT testing PAC testing. PAT testing is Portable Appliance Testing.
What areas do you cover for on-site PAT training?
We will run our PAT testing course anywhere, we regularly go to clients sites in England, Scotland and Wales. We also have run courses in Europe for some of our customers.
Who can do PAT testing?
PAT testing is the process of ensuring the appliance is safe, the process that we need to follow to make the decisions that an appliance is safe could be done by most people.
To do PAT testing you need to complete some training and be assessed as competent. Most people after such training could become a PAT tester.
Will i get a certificate?
Of course, all successful learners will receive a certificate, if you complete the competency course, you will receive a certificate from us (TTS) and if you complete the City and Guilds version of the course, you will receive a City and Guilds certificate. There is no requirement for one over the over.
Everyone's a PAT Testing Expert!
A quick search about PAT testing and just about everyone claims to be a “PAT testing expert”.
Any PAT testing course worth doing will follow the IET Code of Practice (Currently 4th edition). Please ensure your “PAT Testing Expert” courses follows this.
What is a PAT Tester Calibration?
A PAT tester is the test and measurement instrument needed to complete the full PAT test. It measures levels of resistance and it needs to be checked at suitable intervals. Most manufacturers and the IET Code of Practice state that this should be annual. We can arrange for your PAT tester to be calibrated if you require.